There are plenty of reasons to despise this filth ridden city. What bothers you most?

please login / register to post images

15 of 17 people agree with this  

  Anonymous wrote:

Reading through these pages I wonder how the hell some have managed to stay here for years on end. I've been here less than a year and I'm feeling suicidal. Anxiety and depression like I've never experienced before. I wanted to thank the people who put this site together - it's nice to know I'm not the only foreigner who has struggled in this part of the world. I keep on keeping on only because I've invested so much time, money and resources into this place and that I'm afraid if I leave I'll regret it. I joined a chess club and started some German classes last month. This has helped to deal with these horrible feelings but I don't know how much longer I can hold out.

8 of 9 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

Sounds like you haven't been here for all that long. Nevermind the lost time. If you can be a better person elsewhere, it may be a good choice to cut your losses and just leave. Hope and persistence isn't always a good thing. This city is unlikely to change significantly. But you may find yourself changing under its influence. Sit beside a chimney and you will start to smell, no matter how attentive and mindful you are. Don't mean to sound condescending. This comes from exüerience.

10 of 12 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

The longer you stay in Berlin, the more money it will cost you and you'll become even more emotionally unwell.

As soon as you get out of Berlin, you will start to feel your real self again. I went to the Swiss Alps on business for 4 weeks last year, and I was on the verge of crying at the thought of going back to Berlin. It never et's better here. You keep thinking to yourself, "it can't be the whole city, it must be me", or "If I stay here longer, I'll crack teh social code". We've all been through it.

If you are not a brainwashed left-wing, homosexual, sexist feminist, pseudo-anarchist student, you have no need to be here. In fact 85% of them will be gone when they finish their studies and find out what the real world is about. Then a new lot of fresh meat will take their place for the hardcore Berliners to corrupt with drugs, alcohol, hedonistic debauchery, homosexuality, anti-anti-anti anything you can think of, they'll suck the fresh meat into polygamy culture to screw them up even more. Plus a hundred other excapes from their sad and miserable lives.

I know you probably won't listen, but I'll say it anyway: BEREXIT. Leave. Just do it.

0 of 0 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

'If you are not a brainwashed left-wing, homosexual, sexist feminist, pseudo-anarchist student, you have no need to be here. In fact 85% of them will be gone when they finish their studies and find out what the real world is about. Then a new lot of fresh meat will take their place for the hardcore Berliners to corrupt with drugs, alcohol, hedonistic debauchery, homosexuality, anti-anti-anti anything you can think of, they'll suck the fresh meat into polygamy culture to screw them up even more. Plus a hundred other excapes from their sad and miserable lives. '

Yes, much of what passes for modern culture is in fact quite rotten. I'm hearing you loud and clear.

Comment on this

14 of 21 people agree with this  

  Anonymous wrote:

I'm turkish till 2017 I had never been to Berlin nor Germany. I came to Berlin and stayed for a year and let me tell you something guys turkish people in berlin are ignorant and rude af compared to turks in Turkey. They are stuck in 70s 80s with their meaningless nationalistic minds. There also many religious nutjobs i really think germany tried to pick worst Turks and took them all. For gods sake we have much less hijabis in İzmir( cool city in west of Turkey) than Berlin! . Happy that i left Berlin hope you can all get away from that idiot

6 of 11 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

I've heard this from other Turks. Thanks for the tip about Izmir. Muslims and these kind of Turks have no place in the West. If they think Islam is so great, they can stay away from Christian countries and live in Muslim countries and stop telling us that we need to be Muslims to be saved. Religion is another word for brainwashing.

5 of 9 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

No, religion is not brainwashing. It is just that Muslim trash Islam that is based on violence, murder and killing non-Muslims. Stop generalizing!

3 of 4 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

I really like the Turks that I know. Happy, social and nice people. Glad that you left and saved yourself.

Comment on this

8 of 8 people agree with this  

  Anonymous wrote:

I have now figured it out: avoid any restaurants in Berlin which are run by Germans! Every time I went into a restaurant and the waiter was German, whether with or without an 'migrant background' I got into an argument with them - over payment, rudeness, treatment of me as a customer, and so on. I NEVER had this issue in an Italian, Vietnamese, Spanish, or any other restaurant besides German! Do some research before you go out and don't give them your money!

2 of 2 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

As far as German customer service goes I've had good and very bad. I've had instances in which I was so disgusted with the rudeness and inefficiency that I just got up and left. On the other those who ran Vietnamese or Ethiopian restaurants were very welcoming.

0 of 0 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

My favourite is Hum in RaumerStr PrenzlauerBerg.

Comment on this

2 of 4 people agree with this  

  Anonymous wrote:

There's a lot of things like laughing because the other one might think they lie because they laugh. Lots of such things here. Then losing the page.

Comment on this

6 of 8 people agree with this  

  Anonymous wrote:

One more petty annoyance that bothered me so much I refuse to go to bakeries here anymore. In the summer there are always flies and bees all over the place, crawling all over the food behind the glass. Where I'm from a food establishment would be shut down for a health violation if they had live insects walking on the food. And then the invariably indignant saleswomen often have the nerve to touch the food with their bare hands to put it in a paper bag. And to top it off they insist that you use the idiotic coin tray to pay for it. Nasty people here.

1 of 3 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

I'm not sure where you live but in my part of Berlin bakeries are heaven. Germans make amazing bread and cakes, and the bakeries I visit have no flies or bees and are incredibly clean. The shop assistants are always really kind and nice. They appreciate a few words of German and try to help when I struggle and switch to English. As a comparison, the cakes and bread are *miles ahead* of what I could find in the UK, or the USA, where bakeries are poop (GREGGS? Tesco Bread? Vomit inducing). Anglos can't bake for poop - cupcakes are the worst, most disgusting stuff in the history of mankind - just eat a spoonful of sugar, it's the same.

Sometimes I think everyone complaining here lives in some pooping expat bubble in some pooping corner of Berlin , surrounded by other pooping miserable expats like themselves. Get out more.

2 of 3 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

WTF, where is your bakery, the majority of bakeries I've been to resemble the description of the original post. Tell us where this bakery is, because at the moment I believe you are making it up.

2 of 3 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

He's a delusional German as evidenced by the fact that he thinks German bread is good. In Germany bread is only good if you can't bite off a piece without shaking your head violently like a rabid dog. 90% of the bakeries in Berlin are massive chains that don't even do anything other than heat up frozen dough. And about sugar in cupcakes - what the hell were you expecting a CAKE to taste like?

Comment on this

7 of 8 people agree with this  

  Anonymous wrote:

I noticed something finally a few days ago. Was trying to enjoy a little walk through a park near my apartment and it hit me that the groups of people you see there on the weekends hanging out and having fun are always foreigners. You never hear Germans sitting around and chattering and enjoying themselves. It's always English or Spanish or Russian or Turkish. The Germans always lie around completely alone in baseball caps and sunglasses (especially men) or groups of 2 or max. 3. The only time I ever see Germans doing anything in larger groups they're doing some kind of weird sport. Germans seem extremely cliquish, probably because they spend 15 years going to school with the same exact classmates all day long. A German acquaintance even once told me about a kid who moved and joined his class in 4th grade and how that kid was never accepted into the group (even 8 years later). Just an observation.

11 of 17 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

I don't hang around in parks beacsue they are full of Turks, Arabs, Spanish, Gypsies alcoholics, druggies and other mentally ill losers..

7 of 9 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

You're right in that there are a lot of weird parks in Berlin where social outcasts hang out like Hasenheide and Gorlitzer. The one near my apartment isn't that bad and I've never seen a drug dealer there but way too many people smoking weed out in the open, way too many people openly pissing all over the place and a corner where a lot of gross gays congregate and have anonymous sex. Actually now that I think of it the park is completely messed up. I honestly can't believe that Berlin has messed up my judgement so much that I think that what I described above isn't that bad. Where I'm from even the park near the most squalid ghetto isn't that disgusting during the day.

Comment on this

24 of 27 people agree with this  

  Anonymous wrote:

This is not a practical but rather social rant about Berlin. I just don't fit. Berlin is famous for being super accepting you'd think? Nope. The lifestyle, the culture, the crazy public transport the overall "U GOT TO BE COOL ITS BERLIN BITCH" vibe that my so called friends have. I don't care for people here and people don't care for me. I'm a simple 24 year old dude who works as a photographer for ANOTHER SUPER DUPER Berlin start up. Sounds kinda cool right? Sounds that maybe I can sort of fit in and be on par with the supremely entitled hippies, endless party goers and drug addicts, oh, and also robotic arrogant German businessmen. I arrived here with my now ex GF who got sucked into this shit. I don't want to smoke weed every evening, I don't care that you're going to Berghain, I really really don't wanna go to another gay club just because it's cool. I don't have much of an Ego to throw around in these toxic social circles, neither do I want to. I rented a flat on the outskirt just because 99% of flats in the city are utter filth with a crazy price tag that you'd probably be trying to get into for a year or two if you're lucky. I have never felt as lonely and disconnected from people and the city culture as I do in Berlin. I lived in Moscow, New York, London and of course there are downsides to every single one of them, crazy prices too! But I felt alive, I felt that I can connect with my kind there to just be me and not put up an agenda mask. In all previous cities I have created a new social circles and connections, but not in Berlin. If you don't live the lifestyle or are too far away to come over and hang out you're worthless. Watching movies at Sony Center is the only pleasant experience that I have. I am praying every day to score a good job abroad and get the fornicate away from this city. I really tried Berlin I really wanted to see all the good side people are raving about. But the closer I got - the more I wanted to vomit.

16 of 18 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for this post, i'm feeling you, could have been written by me

3 of 24 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

Haha loser cuck :)

14 of 16 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

Your eloquesnt ps is spot on, you've nailed it. People here are on too many drugs, so boring and old-hat. Move on Berlin you are still stuck in the 70's and 80's and it's incredibly embarrassing to be around. Talking all their Marxist left-wing BS. Everyone smooking cigarettes, even thoiugh they know it's most likely going to send them to an early grave. They've all got the same unifomr, beard, botle of cheap beer in their hands at all times, the ubiquitous dark t-shirt culture, or the other extreme of Charlottenberg designer labels that look brand new. Busy, busy, busy, with their hipster uni courses that will take them nowhere in life, they will never be able to afford to have a family with an Early Ottoman Literature degree. I hope you like doners, the equivalent of MacDonalds, actually, probably worse, I hate to thnk how that cheap 'meat' was produced. Te only good thing about Berlin is the amount of veg options, but even most of them are just junk food and the same the same. While we're on the subject of boring, 95% of the art here is crap, but what do yo expect from people who want to party and do druh=s all the time because "it's cool man".

I'll tell you what is cool in the 2020's, self-respect, monogamous relationships, family, learning a useful trade, proper nutrition, going cigarette, alcohol and drug free. Having time to chill out with friends, somethig that is impossible here because everyone is too busy being overworked by their uni professors selling Mickey Mouse and Kellog's Corn Flake degrees, while also working two part time jobs to keep up with Berlin inflation.

Big cities are so passe, they are for the ignorant, greedy, egotistical, moronic hedonist. Real people don't live in big cities anymore, they can see through the scams.

I have to go and wash off the human street-shitt from my shoes. And wash my clothes to be free of the smell of the Berlin homeless alcoholics and drug addicts.

Treat Berlin as you would Disneyland or Vegas, great to visit these weird and surreal places for a few days, once in your life, but don't live in them. Actually, New York, Paris and London are also boring these days, but as you say, you can at least make some connections there.

By the way, most of the young people in Berlin have never had a taste of real life, they are straight out of school and into uni, supported by their hard working parents and being coddled by the state. Their 'education' costs the hard working middle-class and working-class tax-payer billions each year. I hate to think of what their future will look like. Lonely childless feminists, or worse still, single-mothers, soulless men wandering around in daze or hanging out at the local spati in denial of their alcoholism. Don't fall for the bigger is better con-job, go to a smaller city and enjoy contact with people, rather than things or the promise that work makes freedom. And stay away from Left-wing feminists and 'anarchists' :o))) they are living in a dreamland where they all say the same thing, that is expected of them. but still want to take advantages from the capitalist system.

10 of 13 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

About doner: I am sick and tired of hearing about how it's so cheap here and how that is somehow proof that Berlin is a great city. Did you know that probably 99% of it was almost banned a year or two ago because the meat contains off-the-chart amounts of phosphates? Just like most other German Haute Cuisine that consists nearly exclusively of processed pork sausage. And I guess we can just ignore the frequent doner scandals that pop up about once every year or so when one of Germany's bumbling, incompetent health and hygiene agencies finds a batch that is being used although it expired several years ago or that contains some weird type of meat that isn't fit for human consumption. And definitely don't research Charlene Downes' death and what allegedly happened to her body if you ever want to be able to enjoy this filth again.

9 of 12 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

I'm the guy who wrote the original post and I would probably frame this paragraph -

"While we're on the subject of boring, 95% of the art here is crap, but what do yo expect from people who want to party and do druh=s all the time because "it's cool man". I'll tell you what is cool in the 2020's, self-respect, monogamous relationships, family, learning a useful trade, proper nutrition, going cigarette, alcohol and drug free. Having time to chill out with friends, something that is impossible here because everyone is too busy being overworked by their uni professors selling Mickey Mouse and Kellog's Corn Flake degrees, while also working two part time jobs to keep up with Berlin inflation."

It's incredibly refreshing to see these healthy thoughts, and thank you whoever you are for taking the time to write this incredibly constructive comment. Hope you're doing great.

5 of 9 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

I'm in a similar situation than you I guess, frm the outside I might seem like a person that would easily fit in, but I just don't, I can't help it... I know some people here to hang out occassionally, but neither do I feel any connection to them, neither do they care about me. I've also lived in different places/countries before and never had any issues to create a social circle with some people I care about (and who care about me) - hasn't happend here in almost 2 more years, and I kind of gave up that this is ever going to happen. Even friends I've known before moving here got kind of sucked in this Berlin thing and have somehow changed (e.g. became incredibly flaky and unreliable), so I kind of lost touch with some of them as well. I am feeling lonely and disconnect, even when meeting with people. I questioned myself a lot recently if anything's wrong with me that I can't fit in, but reading posts like this makes me realise it must something with the city. And I think the reason I dont fit in is because I am just way too critical how things are going here, and people can probably sense this. I see no point of going to some pooping night club, waiting in the queue for ages and pay a lot of entry to see some average techno dj, I don't see a point of going to some lame bars in kreuzberg or neukölln, furnished with some stuff from the flea market that charges double because it's cool and hip, I see no point in paying high rents for some rundown altbauwohnung just because the district is supposed to be trendy, I am pissed off by people who live in places like neukölln living their cool and edgy wannabe-artist life (sponsored by their parents back home), while there's so much misery around them on the streets and they don't even realise that they make the problem worse by pushing the rents high......there are so many more things I could rant about here, but I think everything's has been said here before. My point is: as long as you're questioning these things, people will never accept you here (I guess because the truth hurts too much or just because they're comletely in denial of everything going on in their lifes). Anyway, that's why I am out of here in 3 months. Cheers!

Comment on this

12 of 15 people agree with this  

  Anonymous wrote:

Living in Berlin since 2014. I thought that things will change with time and I'll start to like this city - Nope...5 years later and I still hate it to the core. I'm stuck here because of my studies, but trust me once I finish with university and move away from here, it'll be the happiest day of my life.

0 of 0 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

Ich verstehen

Comment on this

6 of 7 people agree with this  

  Anonymous wrote:

Some people call this place a hellhole. I disagree somewhat. After my time here I would call it a walking calamity.

0 of 0 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

I guess it doesn't have to be evil if it can be explained away as incompetence but they're really wearing out their plausible deniability.

4 of 7 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

No love in the city, almost too dumb to be sad.

1 of 1 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

Why not Walking Nightmare ?

Comment on this

7 of 8 people agree with this  

  Anonymous wrote:

I was at a conference in Dresden in April and got aquainted with a lovely couple who live in Berlin. He is Japanese, she is a German and they have a beautiful 2 year old daughter. In my experience, the Japanese are very cultured and polite and won't raise an issue with something or give opinions unless they feel it's absolutely needed. It was therefore interesting to hear his thoughts on his time in Germany. He told me that Germany is a tough case and that he is often baffled by the politics here and by the treatment he has been subjected to. He also said Berlin can be tough and that they may consider relocating, for the sake of their own well-being and their daughter's.

6 of 7 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

Of course he is baffled by the politics. Germany is a dictatorship - again.

5 of 6 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

an extreme left dictatorship...today's Die Welt states 1.8 million registered refugees in Germany really 3 million and by 2020 4-5 million , they fly them in every night by planeload..

10 of 11 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

'Refugees', yeah, sure, pull the other leg. Germany has zero-population-growth (thanks feminists) and so they have to bring in muslims to a christain-based country to pay taxes for the next generation's retirement fund.

6 of 6 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

Germany is a hedonistic nanny state, it certainly hasn't been a Christian nation in a long, long time.

5 of 5 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

'Of course he is baffled by the politics. Germany is a dictatorship - again.'

'Germany is a hedonistic nanny state, it certainly hasn't been a Christian nation in a long, long time.'

Germany is certainly headed in this direction, if it isn't there already. The political (and social) situation here is rotten.

8 of 11 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

All the best nations on earth are Christian based. No FGM, no stonings, we have separartion of state and religion, no public hangings, no dictators, we live in the 21st century, Muslims live in the 6th century.

6 of 6 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

Most of the refugees will never work maybe their kids but will be a major negative tax contributers

Comment on this

13 of 16 people agree with this  

  Anonymous wrote:

Germans need some spacial awareness therapy.

15 of 17 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

These people need therapy in general

3 of 3 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

Isn't Germany the only country in the world in which healthcare insurance pays for psychoanalysis? There seems to be some kind of 'official' awareness about how dreadful it is to live here.

Comment on this

9 of 14 people agree with this  

  Anonymous wrote:

Germany is gay.

11 of 15 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

Gaymany :)

Comment on this

16 of 17 people agree with this  

  Anonymous wrote:

Berlin, and indeed other places in Germany can seem like such joyless places. I have seen this everywhere. You walk into a bar, club or a resturant and it's almost as if someone died. If you smile or laugh they'll think somethings up with you. If you are a happy, positive person and easygoing then this place could destroy you.

3 of 3 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

Yes, a pathetic country for sure.

1 of 1 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

Joyless, soulless, unhappy people

Comment on this

17 of 24 people agree with this  

  Anonymous wrote:

Feminism: An ideology funded by mega-capitalists and governments to keep women angry and brainwashing them into feeling like victims so they will work harder to prove they are equal to men. Why? Because two income households mean more consumer spending on rubbish people don't really need and more taxes for governments and more ability to service higher loans from banks. Feminists are brainwashed morons who have fallen for the greatest scam in history. Germany is full of these brainwashed feminists and then wonder why they have zero population growth, so they have to bring in Fakeugees to pump up the numbers.

Hey, you, yes you, the feminist with the I Hate Men t-shirt. When you retire from your almighty 'career' you will find out just how dispensible you are, when the next day someone else will fill your shoes and you will never be thought of again, you will go to your power-feminist apartment with your cats and spend the rest of your selfish, hedonistic life alone, and the company you worked for will just churn out more and more human-robotic cogs in the engine. Have a nice day.

10 of 10 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

I'm all for women's rights but I find many of these feminists to be horrible. One only has to look at the bile and hatred that comes from the likes of Clementine Ford to understand what I mean.

28 of 32 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

Women ARE equal to men, we all belong to the human race. A group of femiretards hating on men doesn't prove the contrary and men who believe they are superior are the counterpart of these losers.

20 of 49 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

Men are superior to women. This is a fact :)

21 of 36 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

You are an idiot, just like the feminists. Brainless human trash that needs to feel superior indicating someone else as inferior. I can feel your insecurity from here and genuinely feel sorry for you.

19 of 26 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

And here's the counterpart of the femiretards :)

17 of 25 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

Lol has this become a place for generic life losers? Ask yourself if it's really Berlin, or it's you being useless garbage

10 of 23 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

Clementine Ford and Jessica Valenti are sexist ccunt feminists, they should both live in Berlin, they would be quite at home here.

If women are equal to men, let them play 5 sets of tennis for the same money as the men get. Let them go down coal mines, and dig roads, oh no, they just want equality for the creamy jobs in air-con offices. Feminists are useless hypocrites. That is why I've goine MGTOW and never been happier. Don't give into their emoyional blackmail.But the way, to all the jerk-off cucks posting here, did you know that 70% of the luxury dollar is spent on and by women. And yet, they still whine and complain and try to find oppression in every advantage and privilege they have. They are losers. fornicate ALL FEMINISTS.

BE AN EQUALIST, you will be much happier.

13 of 20 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

First you say that women are not equal and then you ask to be equaliser? And you went... MGTOW?? XD
Jeez some of you should see a psychiatrist XD
Poor outcasts

2 of 5 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

Equalist, not equaliser lol

1 of 1 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

Not sure that the guy who said they are inferior is the MGTOW guy but who the hell knows here.

5 of 13 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

You should see a psychiatrist too :) you are just a typical naive western loser cuck :)

1 of 7 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

youtu.be/YruxhWO8QSY ----> watch it

2 of 7 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

Lol "men are superior to women" That's why children are born with a superior and an inferiour side. Nothing harmonizes. Exactly like God made it, knobhead lmao

2 of 14 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

To the brainless phuckwit who said "First you say that women are not equal and then you ask to be equaliser? "
Dickwad, that is not what I said, I didn't say women weren't equal, I said if they are equal, play five sets of tennis. You filhy disgusting word twistung lefty freak. Feminism is not about equality, Equalism is. One day you moronic lefty sheep are going to get your karma, full on.

9 of 11 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

To the Moron above: calm down, you're gonna have a heart attack xD
Loser

2 of 14 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

Perhaps he's tired of the gross mischaracterations of his comments by sub-100 IQ knuckle dragging allies who completely missed the point he was making with the "men are superior" comment. Just a guess.

2 of 12 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

Of course I'm gonna havea heart attack with brain dead morons like you and the deadshit above, ffucking up this world with you PC lefty rhetoric, you will go down as the morons of history.

8 of 9 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

You're obsessed with this lefty rethoric, just as much as the real lefties accuse anyone else of fascism when they run out of arguments xD
I pity you, you're just social inepts

1 of 3 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

Don't pity me, I have a life, and I love my life, not like the social misfits you hang out with, the 'cool anarchists', ha ha ha ha, more like the lazy scumbag fake anarchists, leeching off the socialist system.

Comment on this

10 of 11 people agree with this  

  Anonymous wrote:

From an Indian gentleman trying to make it work in Germany......

' I too think this place is filled with uptight weirdos. Everything super expensive and people are very unfriendly. While I was in Bombay I played a lotta music Rock and Funk to be precise so thought would join some music course and make friends there at least but was so wrong they looked at me as if I am some alien from a different planet. I really am so frustrated at this point but still sticking thru only cause I love my wife and returning back to India would be a hassle as she wouldn't want to move out. I am so darn stuck in this idiot I really hate it here. I have always been a fun guy, very positive and optimistic but this country has changed me so much to the extent that I feel suicidal at times which is something I haven't experienced before. Not that I am gonna do something stupid but the feeling of being in such a rut make me feel where the hell have I landed and got myself into. I really don't know what more to say....'

I feel terrible for this guy. He's like so many expats I've come across, who feel down in the dumps despite their best efforts to adapt, fit in and contribute to this country. I hope he made it out of Germany and is happy.

7 of 15 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

Haha another Naive Idiot who move to this Hellhole Country....

12 of 21 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

'Haha another Naive Idiot who move to this Hellhole Country....'

I think, like most foreigners, he came here with good intentions and reasonable expectations but has been let down. I give him points for trying and he obviously cares about his partner, but there is a limit to much a human being can take. I hope this guy is in a better space now.

8 of 12 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

yes your expectations of Germany being a normal 1st world country, really let down including myself,
only welfare scroungers looking for a free apartment like it here

Comment on this
Page 7 of 186