There are plenty of reasons to despise this filth ridden city. What bothers you most?

please login / register to post images

5 of 8 people agree with this  

  Anonymous wrote:

Hamburg airport. Time to pretend we don't know who is behind the attack or why.

1 of 5 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

we dont know, problem if it was pepper spray no way it could make so many people in a wide area sick and close the airport, dont worry they will cover it up Berlin airport style! Alles gut!

Comment on this

11 of 11 people agree with this  

  Anonymous wrote:

don't trust people without humor aka psychopaths or Germans

Comment on this

14 of 14 people agree with this  

  Anonymous wrote:

Germans are not known for their sense of style, but German women take it too far. It's like they wake up everyday and before getting out of bed they spend some time thinking "what are some new ways I can make myself look uglier?"

Comment on this

10 of 11 people agree with this  

  Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone noticed how Germans like to talk about "freedom", "independence" and "individualism"?

Take the welfare state away from them and see how much "freedom" and "independence" they have left. A lot of people can only study because they get BAFöG or because tuition fees are no longer a thing to worry about. A lot of single mothers can only survive because of Kindergeld. Without Hartz-IV and government-sponsored appartments lots of people wouldn't have a place to live.

These people couldn't survive an entire month in a country where there is no nanny state that gives them money for nothing.

4 of 4 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

Yes, this is true. Only thanks to their beloved taxes and transfers is Germany able to move it's GINI from being one of the most unequal in the world to being among that of developed countries. Going only by income, German income inequality is worse than almost every other country on earth.

Wages have mostly stagnated for the past 20 years.

Nepotism is a huge problem here, most wealth is inherited and there is no room for socio-economic mobility in this country. If you're a foreigner then things are twice as hard. The government will pay for you to live at a standard you could achieve with "normal" job in Germany. If you ever want to progress further then good luck.

But the Germans will celebrate their beloved trade unions and workers' councils. The trade unions that represent like 18% of employees, mostly in dying industries, and that are in part responsible for making life in this country even more miserable (train drivers refusing to work, pilots refusing to fly). And the workers' councils do nothing more than offer vehicles for "altruists" to waste firm resources. And they are only present in like 30% of firms.

5 of 5 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

" there is no room for socio-economic mobility in this country. If you're a foreigner then things are twice as hard."

This. Germans like to point the finger at Turks and Arabs for not wanting to "integrate" (whatever that is), while praising the efforts done by Asian immigrants to become a part of German society. Interestingly enough, in 10 years of living here I haven't seen an Asian person in a position of power. Most of them run their food businesses, or will do your nails.

Germany is not a country where you can make good money, much less a fortune. It's not the USA.

5 of 5 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

For Berliners, words like "freedom" and "independence" only mean "I can drink beer in a park" or "I have enough vacation days in a year that I can spend a week in the canary islands" and "I get to see a doctor that someone else paid for". As soon as you bring up anything such as how hard it is to start a business, how you can't even name your child what you want, how you can't even homeshool your child - they'll get defensive and start pointing out everything wrong with your country. Basically, to them "freedom" means "freedom from consequences" ie. "I dont have to make choices, I dont have to care about consequences - the State does everything for me".

And yes, I second the observation that integrating here if you're not aryan or close is extremely hard. You'll not see a foreign-looking person at any city or state government position, not even things like the order-police (the ones that check if your car is parked right). If you're turkish - good luck EVER getting an apartment - hell, this might happen to you just because you look turkish even if youre spanish or mexican or indian. It's disgusting.

2 of 4 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

Nepotism is just as bad in U.S. as it is in Germany. The Trump family is an extreme example of it.
Most entrepreneurial asian-americans open mostly small businesses like restaurants, food markets and nail salons.
The main difference between U.S. and Germany is that u.s. welcomes and cherishes innovation and risk taking while embracing failure as a valuable learning experience. Germany especially in the south is much more traditional, rigid and risk averse because failure is not viewed here as optimistically.
Koreans, Vitnamese, Thai and Chinese are predominantly Christians or Buddhist so maybe that's why they are treated better than middle eastern and north african people.

1 of 3 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

"cherishes innovation and risk taking"

Germans don't like taking risks. There is car insurance, mobile phone insurance, OBLIGATORY health insurance...

No wonder they lost two world wars. You can't win a war if you aren't able to be flexible.

2 of 2 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

Like I said risk averse.
The average German stays in his small village and buys a house near their parents. The parents help with everything and the government pays for 1-2 years of parental leave. Many of them would not survive an economic collapse. They were given so much. They judge others for being incompetent when their government spoon fed them. In u.s., it is much more difficult for young adults. Many of them are resilient and independent.

Comment on this

3 of 4 people agree with this  

  Anonymous wrote:

Why is there no active ventilation in this country? In every other developed country I've ever been to I have seen recessed ceiling fans in bathrooms/public bathrooms. Why are people here so cheap they want to smell their own feces?

2 of 2 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

"Why are people here so cheap they want to smell their own feces? "

Because they are German.

1 of 1 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

you are wrong, the feces smell great, because they are GERMAN feces

3 of 3 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

It is because Germans are afraid of drafts. Really, google it. Or try opening a window in a moving train/tram/bus - you'll instantly get shouted at. Yes, it's 2017 and these people think that cold/moving air causes sickness. That's why there are no ventilator, barely any AC, why you can't open windows on public transport, why apartment contracts include a provision about airing out your apartment for 15 minutes every month. It must also be why Germans don't feel bad when they don't wash for a few days - they're used to the smell.

0 of 0 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

Reminds me of a story I read about South Koreans fearin fans will kill them if left on overnight, though I think they at least realize it's not true

Comment on this

0 of 1 people agree with this  

  Anonymous wrote:

I left last year and leaving has been like therapy for me. I still love Berlin in a way but am happy I can just drop in there once a year or so. The worst thing in Berlin were the natives. Only the ex-pats provided some refuge, even though i speak excellent German - I just never felt an appeal to really integrate at a deeper level. What really gets me about the Germans - though not all are like this - is this fastidiousness and rigid mindset. Example: at a concert a woman refused to move from her occupying the middle part of a bench in order to allow others to squeeze onto the bench because she said that it would "spoil her prime view" if she moved. The fact is there were no obstructions and she was being difficult. That is it, there is always some little thing to complain about, something really petty.

2 of 2 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

OMG I had a similar experience at a basketball game where a man decided to simply stand and block the view of 6 other people behind him. Even though they tried to talk with him, his logic was undeniable "if I sit I won't have the view I paid for"... crazy

Comment on this

7 of 16 people agree with this  

  BreitbartLover wrote:

The lefties in Berlin are the mindless ones, they are just like sheep, bleat, bleat, baa baa. I'll take Breitbart any day over their scumbag daily rags. When Afd gets elected, you can all blame the lefty sheep for it. The pendulum will swing and you will be forced to get a job or live down with your old buddies sleeping and begging in RosenthalerPlatz U8, where you belong, sitting there living day to day from handouts from real people who actually work for a living, giving a few cents because they feel pity for you. But you win't get a single cent from me.

9 of 12 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

Berlin is bad enough with AfD without Trump-shills trying to win people over to their b-ulls-h-i-t ideology. Please shut up.

5 of 11 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

Trump or not: the parasites in Berlin are going to have a hard time in the coming years and that is fact.

2 of 3 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

Lol butthurting lefties dislike your comments. The truth hurts, doesn't it?

Comment on this

12 of 12 people agree with this  

  Anonymous wrote:

What you people complain about is rather a German problem, not Berliner thing. I've been living in Germany for over 10 years and I've finally understood that they're a nation full of irony:

-Believe themselves to be superior, yet never won a war.
-Dislike Americans and Brits, yet consume American media and pretend to have a British accent when speaking English.
-Dislike the USA, but without the USA Germany wouldn't have recovered from WWII
-Obsessed with order and cleanliness, yet only shower a couple of times a week.
-Judge the USA for wars on foreign soil, yet they provide the guns (3rd biggest weapon manufacturer)
-Overpriced, overrated cars
-Believe themselves to be a superior race....yet they have the ugliest people I've seen across Europe.

5 of 5 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

Haha :) Well said. Germans are jealous of British and American.

2 of 2 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

Plus they never invented democracy it was given to them

Comment on this

1 of 1 people agree with this  

  Anonymous wrote:

There's no German word for modesty.

1 of 1 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

An a ha moment for me, thanks for posting that piece of trivia, very helpful. Now I see why they act like a bunch of know-it-alls

1 of 2 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

Actually there's 4 different words for modesty, do your homework before you post poop like that.

1 of 1 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

If you had any feeling for the word modesty you would realize that your extensive homework (using dict.leo.org) returns miserable suggestions. Genügsam, Sittsam, Anstand: modesty they are not. The closest thing to the word modesty is prüde, which explains why these ice apes think exposes themselves to children is acceptable.

1 of 1 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

Bescheidenheit, the closest translation.

Comment on this

1 of 1 people agree with this  

  Anonymous wrote:

Never go to Gravis, it is full of DDR ex-Stasi kkkunts. Go to the best guy in Berlin for Apple, 88 WranglerStr Kreuzberg, he's cheap, fair and knows what he's talking about, no BS.

Comment on this

6 of 11 people agree with this  

  BRLNSCKS wrote:

Just as I always expected, 92% 0r left-wing activists in Berlin live with parents, and one in three unemployed, makes sense, who'd employ some idiot with rings in their nose and those stupid huge earrings and covered in tattoos even up to their chin. . What a bunch of moronic losers and baa baa, sheep.
www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/02/07/berlin-report-92-left-wing-activists-live-parents-one-three-unemployed/

3 of 5 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

breibart is fake news ran by Goebbels worshipper Steve Bannon.

6 of 13 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

They cite the source you mindless antifa loser.

3 of 6 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

873 people do not represent all left wingers in berlin. Right wingers in berlin are the worst.

0 of 0 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

But 873 represent left-wing activists that were monitored by the German government, which the article clearly states. Learn to read.

1 of 4 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

Says the one who gets his information from trashy sites. I bet you are a fan of Alex Jones.
I follow and read real journalists like Glen Greenwald.

0 of 0 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

I'm not even the one who posted the link, and I generally don't read Breitbart. But if you want to attack a study then attack the study and not the medium.

Comment on this

5 of 6 people agree with this  

  DonaldTrump wrote:

Germany is the country where I first heard that "respect has to be earned".

So yeah, that's the reason why foreigners are treated like shit. Because you have to prove you are a valuable human being.

5 of 5 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

^If you ever visited...you'd realize that Germans treat THEMSELVES like shit.

7 of 7 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

My problem is always the why should I work extra hard at brown nosing to earn their respect just because they are German. I treat everyone equally with politeness and respect. If a German besserwisser responds with rudeness, smugness, and coldness because he is so honest about his standards, I have no incentive to be invovled with them beyond cold superficial interaction. It's the worst with German in laws. Thank goodness, they're living far away from me.

7 of 7 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

What, you too? I've heard this a couple of times back when I was still interacting with Germans. I could never get them to explain this to me without them going into a loop ("you have to earn respect because you have to earn respect"). Some ventured the "well, you are a guest here, you must show your good manners", to which I replied "as a host, you should be warm, welcoming, and happy to see me".

This will sound a bit extreme, but can we really not see why this country started two world wars? If everyone must "earn their respect", then all the other countries in the world start at 0 (or even negative if you're eastern european or turkish). Simply put - these people have a superiority complex built into their culture.

Comment on this

14 of 14 people agree with this  

  Juan wrote:

Not so long ago, I moved away from that place. Never again Berlin. I burnt all bridges and kept the important friends who themselves will leave Berlin soon.

There are countless small experiences which led me to see Berlin the way I do nowadays. None of them is particularly dramatic. However, now that I live in France, and having lived in England, Madrid and Munich before Berlin, I really see how its not just a bunch of idiots - no, it is a local culture.

Berlin is the capital of rejection. The capital of people saying "Nein" to a friendly hello, a possible conversation, a polite request at a store. But also they love to reject other people, trash talking wealthier people, foreigners, people who don't dress in grey and black, women who dress femininely, people who have something going for themselves. Their illness is called envy.

Add to that a more subtle form of greed. They tend to reject southern cultures and traditions due to their greed - how can you talk about preparing a good dish if all they think about is how cheap it could be? An example to finish this little therapeutic session here: "Hey, that guy forgot his cigarettes [in the Späti]." "Whatever, I won't get them or run after him" "Yeah he's an idiot if he doesn't get them". These situations made me feel cold inside. What the hell am I doing here, I kept thinking. They reject this stranger - purely out of the habit of rejecting other people. They also reject their bodies taking so many drugs and not taking care of their faces or looks in general.

I wish all Berliners good luck with their very difficult city. I hope that they - as a culture - can find some greater cause outside of themselves, something that connects people among each other (I don't mean mutual self-benefit). Maybe that's why Islam is so appealing to many young Berliners? Some sort of dignity/worthiness outside of themselves could help the greedy and envious in this city overcome their self-centered imprisonment. Rejecting ideas, other human beings and the world at large does not make you free.

1 of 1 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

What about Munich ?

0 of 0 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

Absolutely spot on mate.

Comment on this

6 of 6 people agree with this  

  Anonymous wrote:

When you speak German pretty decently, are white, and don't really stick out in any obvious way Berliners will accept you the only way they know how. They'll try their best to compensate for their inferiority complexes by goading you into some argument about what they hate about your home country. Real autism-grade statements. And then they'll follow up with "But hey, to me you're not a XXXX citizen anymore - you're German".

No, thanks.

Comment on this

2 of 2 people agree with this  

  Anonymous wrote:

Did anyone live in any other city in germany except berlin? If so, what are your impressions of the people there?

5 of 5 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

Me. Used to live in Dortmund almost two years. In general, Germans are more or less same everywhere.

5 of 5 people agree with this  
  Anonymous wrote:

Dortmund.You poor bastard.What a hole. I lived in Koln and Dusselvilliage (Dorf) And I agree..Though cleaner than Berlin the people are the same. I have also lived in Melbourne and Firenze where life and the people were great.

Comment on this
Page 184 of 249